The Vectorhive™ System offers
Highly effective disease management and marketable yield improvements, all while reducing costs associated with labor, fuel, and water.
Easier than conventional application methods, the BVT Vectorhive system requires minimal training and integrates smoothly into standard growing practices.
Using commercially-reared bees to deliver targeted biological controls is a natural application method versus mechanical foliar applications.
Strawberry growers using the BVT Vectorhive system see reduced disease pressure and higher marketable yields:
- 29 to 44% improvement in marketable yield in University of Florida trials
- Better control of Botrytis Gray Mold than with conventional fungicide alone
- Minimal impact on growing practices already used by most growers
Blueberry & Caneberry
Blueberry and caneberry growers using the BVT Vectorhive system see improved yields and better disease control than with fungicides alone:
- Grower trials resulted in 15-40% higher yields
- Effective for control of Anthracnose, Mummy Berry and Botrytis Gray Mold
- Efficient and effective delivery method with minimal impact to standard growing practices
Almond growers using the BVT Vectorhive system see improved yields and better disease control than with fungicides alone:
- Decrease disease incidence and severity: reductions in Monilinia (brown rot) and Botrytis (jacket rot)
- Get more from pollination services by simply adding bee vectoring to honeybee hives
- Bee vectoring meets this key objective with Almond Board of California: increase adoption of eco-friendly pest management tools
By the numbers
US EPA and California DPR registered product approved for natural delivery by bees
Average improved yield vs. fungicide alone in strawberry crops
Higher yield on blueberries vs. pollination alone
Hear directly from growers who have used the system.
“This was our first experience with the BVT system, and we are very pleased with what we saw. We are encouraged with the results on our highbush farm and we are going to use the BVT system next year.”
“BVT’s Vectorhive system worked great for us this season. Even with fewer spray applications, we saw less disease, stronger, healthier plants, with better set and fruit size. ”
“It's very easy to handle. There's no need to spray water or a use a tractor. I don't use oil, or CO2. I must go twice a week to change the powder, that's all. We are happy with the results because we couldn't see any botrytis cinerea on the berries. ”
“The BVT system paid our operation 22x return on investment. It is making me more money by delivering more than 25% increase in yield while controlling disease. The BVT system has been incredible to help control disease on blooms.”
“The ability of bees to deliver a biological disease control product when fields are too wet to cross gives BVT a clear advantage compared to traditional products that are sprayed with a tractor...”
“...BVT, being a biological product, gives added marketing value to us by reducing reliance on chemical pesticides. Additionally it does not have a restricted entry interval like a synthetic fungicide which will help us during the harvest season.”
Who is BVT?
BVT is a leading technology company that uses commercially-reared bees to deliver sustainable and effective crop control. Our system is pioneering a major agricultural innovation, providing the foundation for comprehensive, stackable and highly targeted pest and disease management solutions. Essentially, our solution harnesses the power of nature’s best workers, helping growers improve crop quality with a significant decrease in the use of chemicals.